After Edgar Wright left Marvel's 'Ant-Man,' the studio quickly made an offer to Adam McKay ('Anchorman'), hoping the director could help save the project. The two sides entered "advanced negotiations" but shortly thereafter, McKay decided to pass on the film. Marvel was really in a bind at this point, so they reached out to the #2 option on their shortlist, 'We're the Millers' director Rawson Thurber, with an offer. But, late yesterday came word (via The Wrap) that Thurber too has passed on the job.
We had heard late last year that a full-scale Millennium Falcon was built for 'Star Wars: Episode 7' in London, but it's one thing to hear about a new, full-scale Millennium Falcon and actually see a new, full-scale Millennium Falcon. Well, wait no longer because hot off the heels of yesterday's set pho
We've speculated for months on who would be playing Thanos, the overarching villain of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Would it be Vin Diesel? Benicio Del Toro? Kevin Feige said they had the actor cast, but that they weren't ready to reveal who it was just yet. Well, they might not be ready, but that doesn't matter because the word is out.
As Marvel scrambles to find a new 'Ant-Man' director to replace the departed Edgar Wright, a few names have bubbled up to the top of the list. 'Anchorman' writer-director Adam McKay, Ruben Fleischer ('Zombieland') and Rawson Thurber ('We're the Millers') have met with Marvel this week and are among the top candidates. We've also heard that Marvel Studios co-president Louis D'Esposito (who directed the Marvel shorts 'Item 47' and 'Agent Carter') is in the mix as well.
While 'Sin City 2' has yet to receive its official rating, it's latest poster is already getting in some hot water, specifically for a nude Eva Green revealing too much skin.
When it was announced that Edgar Wright was leaving 'Ant-Man,' Marvel said in its statement that the planned July 17, 2015 release date would not be changed. But, as the reality of the situation sets in and Marvel scrambles to find a suitable replacement, it's becoming apparent that, despite their assertions, Marvel is very much in risk of missing their 2015 date.
Much ado was made of Quentin Tarantino's decision to abruptly put 'The Hateful Eight' on hold after an early draft of the script leaked online earlier this year. But, time truly heals all wounds and after a successful stage reading of his script, Tarantino has decided to move with 'The Hateful Eight' as his next project with shooting set to begin this November in Wyoming.
Late last week, Marvel announced that Edgar Wright would no longer be directing 'Ant-Man,' a film he had been working on since 2006. The news is still shocking a few days later, and as we attempt to reassess the current status of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, some of the directors currently working in that universe, plus Wright himself, have expressed their opinions on the split.