Comic-Con 2012 Sunday Schedule: ‘Fringe,’ ‘Supernatural’ and Joss Whedon
Sunday, the final day of Comic Con, is traditionally a little slow. Most of the big dogs have gone home and many visitors use this day to search for last minute shopping deals on the show floor (after all, some people do go to Comic Con to buy comics). That doesn’t mean that the day is wont for things to do. Actually, there are plenty of interesting panels to check out, especially if you’re TV fan…and especially if you’re a Joss Whedon fan.
As you can see below, all of the major studios will have moved on from Comic Con 2012 come Sunday, meaning that people who are at Comic Con just for the movie panels will be left high and dry (unless they’re interested in learning a thing or two about postproduction on a microbudget). However, fans of ‘Dr. Who,’ ‘Supernatural,’ ‘Sons of Anarchy‘ and ‘Fringe‘ will find themselves plenty busy as they scurry from panel to panel.
The day is also full of retrospective panels for people who can’t get enough of Joss Whedon, director of ‘The Avengers’ and King of the Geeks. There will be one panel celebrating the 20th anniversary of ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer,’ a sing-along of the famous musical episode of ‘Buffy’ and the California Browncoats Meet-Up, where fans of ‘Firefly’ and ‘Serenity’ can gather to mourn one of the great aborted shows.
What on the schedule interests you?
- 10:00-11:00 Comic-Con Film School 104: Postproduction
- Fringe Screening and Q&A (10:00-11:00, Hall H)
- Cartoon Network: Level Up (10:15-11:15, Room 6A)
- Global Sensation Merlin Celebrates Season 5 (10:30-11:30, Room 6BCF)
- Supernatural Screening and Q&A (11:15-12:15, Hall H)
- California Browncoats Meet-Up (12:00-1:00, 32AB)
- BBC America’s Doctor Who (12:30-1:30, Hall H)
- The Cleveland Show (1:45-2:45, Hall H)
- Buffy Turns 20: Celebrating 20 Years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Hilton San Diego Bayfont)
- Sons of Anarchy (2:45-3:45, Hall H)
- Buffy the Musical “Once More with Feeling” (3:30-4:30, Room 6BCF)