Comic-Con 2012: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Panel
The Comic-Con 2012 'Vampire Diaries' panel brought together your favorite starlets and heartthrobs for their fourth appearance at the San Diego convention. Panelists included Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Michael Trevino, Zach Roerig, Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec.
Aside from chatting with the cast and creative team during a Q&A session, fans got to see an exclusive screening of season footage, which is set to air on The CW this fall on October on Thursday.
In the interest of full disclosure, we thought it best to let you know that we don’t normally follow ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ so our knowledge beyond presuming it has vampires, and someone writing will be fairly limited. That said, we did learn a few juicy tidbits about ‘The Vampire Diaries’ when the cast and crew stopped by to discuss season 4 at Comic-Con 2012!
Here’s what we learned:
- Showrunner Julie Plec says that everything feels incredibly fresh going into season 4, but familiar in all the right way. Kevin Williamson adds that it will be a season of changes (as fans know, especially for Elena!)
- Everything will be heightnened for Elena, as she constantly struggles with herself, but Nina Dobrev worked to make Elena as a vampire distinct from Katherine as a vampire.
- We might be seeing love interests for Jeremy, or even Matt this season! Personally, Nina Dobrev thinks that Katherine should hook up with Elijah.
- On the subject of Katherine however, she won’t show her face in Mystic Falls until Klaus is no longer a threat.
- Plec reveals that at one point, Elena becoming a vampire was pitched for the second season, but mostly only to see if the network would approve of the decision.
- Matt Davis certainly has contractual permission to appear in ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ again, so consider a return appearance a possibility this season!
- Dead though she may be, expect to learn more about Esther, where she got her own skills, and even that spell from!
- Will Damon approve of Elena being a vampire? “It could be a lot of fun,” says Ian Somerhalder, but more interesting will be the dynamic between the three, as Elena can finally take care of herself, and not need to be rescued all the time.
- Meredith will definitely be back, but no foxes as of yet.
- A recurring gag throughout the panel, which could find its way into the series is that of Vampire super-speed sex, which Ian Somerhalder would love to see worked in as a joke.
Keep it here for all the latest ‘The Vampire Diaries’ season 4 news, and be sure to check out the premiere this fall!