Comic-Con 2013: ‘Family Guy’ Panel
‘Family Guy’ fans were recently shocked to learn that the Seth MacFarlane-created series would cross over with its natural rival ‘The Simpsons,’ but what did we learn from the most recent panel at Comic-Con 2013? Seth MacFarlane himself was too busy with ‘A Million Ways to Die in the West’ to appear, but the cast and producers had plenty of upcoming tidbits and clips to show from the new season debuting this fall!
Among the lhighlights of footage from the new season, we saw an appearance from Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, a cutaway of Peter’s hilarious funeral for Meg, and an extended storyline that sees the Griffin family travelling to Italy! As we’d previously heard, Peter and Quagmire form their own musical group, as we saw multiple performances from the footage.
Producers teased that an upcoming arc would see a member of the Griffin family killed off, apparently for good, but what were the highlights from the panel?
- Whether or not FOX issues an official cancellation notice for ‘The Cleveland Show,’ the family will officially move back to Spooner Street, and Peter and Cleveland will renew their bromance while Lois and Donna have difficulty getting along.
- Upcoming episode “Green Job” will see the ‘Family Guy’ characters reimagined as classic fairy tale figures, with one example to have Stewie and Brian as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.
- “Fresh Air” will feature a convoluted set of circumstances that lead to Peter and Chris getting married in Vermont!
- The ‘Simpsons’ crossover won’t arrive until next season, but it may, or may not feature a five-minute “chicken fight” between Homer Simpson and Peter!
- Guest stars for the coming season include Adam Levine, ‘Breaking Bad’ star Bryan Cranston, Tony Sirico, Ashton Kutcher, and Liam Neeson!
We’ll continue to bring you the highlights from Seth MacFarlane’s presence (or lack there of) at Comic-Con 2013, but what say you? Are you excited to see where ‘Family Guy’ goes with its next season?