Golden Globes Drinking Game: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Offer Their Rules
The 2013 Golden Globes are coming up this Sunday night and can occasionally be a long affair that’s difficult to sit through. That, hopefully, will change this year with the welcome additions of hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. But if that’s still not enough for you, your friendly hosts have offered up a Golden Globes inspired drinking game that might help you through the ceremony.
If you’re not going to spend your Golden Globes night rooting for your picks among the nominees, you should probably grab your choice of cocktail to help you through the 3-hour-plus runtime. And here, via Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, are some ideas on how to manage those cocktails:
- Drink any time an actress cries in a speech.
- Drink any time you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage.
- Drink any time someone says, “I didn’t prepare anything!”
- Eat a meatball sub any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein.
- Take off an article of clothing any time they show Judi Dench.
- Take off an article of clothing any time Maggie Smith wins.
If you’re playing along, you better hope that ‘Django Unchained’ and ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ don’t win many awards otherwise that’s a whole lot of meatball subs to down during one award show. But having a beer and a meatball sub sounds like there are worse ways to spend your time watching the 2013 Golden Globes.
Are you excited for the Golden Globe awards? Who do you want to win? Make sure to check back here on Sunday night for all the latest, breaking news from the 2013 Golden Globes!