‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ and ‘Avengers Assemble’ Details From the NYCC Marvel Animation Panel!
It’s official! The ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ will soon have their own animated series on Disney XD, capitalizing on the success of the blockbuster breakout film. Not only did we see the test footage, but also footage from ‘Avengers Assemble,’ ‘Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors,’ a full episode of ‘Hulk and the Agents of SMASH,’ and more from the Marvel Animation panel at New York Comic-Con 2014!
- Not only did we get a first look at a new ‘Avengers Assemble’ episode, the footage in question featured Captain America flying with Falcon toward a rocket launched by a movie-accurate Winter Solider. Bucky’s out for revenge against the Red Skull and the facility that created him, with Cap attempting to talk him down. Lots of great fight footage, heavily inspired by the movie as well.
- Hulk and the others are present as well, the commotion of which causes Hulk to puke lobster tacos. Thor is displeased by this, if you were wondering.
- We also caught a bit of action sequences from season 3 of ‘Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors.’ The first showed off a snazzy 3D-animated sequence of Spidey and Spider-Man 2099 taking on the Green Goblin. The second sequence returned to the traditional animation, bringing SPidey back to New York City to meet Spider-Girl. No word on which one yet, though it seems to be a female Peter Parker in the regular costume.'Gu
- Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb also showed off a full episode from ‘Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.,’ which featured the team still in space, being duped by Skrull-Avengers into landing on their planet. Who should pop up, but the Guardians of the Galaxy to help out, and fight a few giant-size “Skrulks” along the way.
- While the Guardians were animated (and voiced) as with their initial incarnations, Jeph Loeb also confirmed for fans that ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ would get its own animated series on Disney XD, though no timetable was given.
- We saw a minute-long test footage reel, which featured a movie-accurate Rocket fleeing through a bright, futuristic city-scape, blasting a pursuing bot. A very Chris Pratt-looking Star-Lord greets him at the end, quipping, “Hey fuzzy, if we’re gonna hang out, you’re gonna need some bigger blasters!” Though only test footage, the animation seems a bit more anime-inspired than the other Marvel cartoons.
Well, what say you? Are you looking forward to a ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ animated series? What about the upcoming seasons of ‘Avengers Assemble,’ ‘Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors,’ or ‘Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.?’