The numbers have come out for April's NPD results, letting us know what sold well between April 4th, 2013 and May 7th, 2013. It looks like Injustice: Gods Among Us has risen above the competition and claimed the number one spot when it comes to software sales. Let's see how the rest of the numbers fell into place.
According to the NPD (as reported by Joystiq), physical game sales were down 25% in comparison to the same time period last year, totaling $495.2 million in sales, though this number does not includes PC game sales.
The Xbox 360 is the king of the month, having move 130,000 units, though hardware sales are down 42% from last year, totaling in $109.5 million in sales.
Software sales totaled $267.8 million, with Injustice leading the charge as the best-selling game, followed closely by Dead Island: Riptide and BioShock Infinite.
Here is the list of the top 10 best-selling games of April:
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, Wii U)
- Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)
- Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Defiance (360, PS3, PC)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
- NBA 2k13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
- Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS)
- MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Vita)
Did you pick any of these titles up? Let us know in the comments below.