Injustice: Gods Among Us May's Top Selling GameLuke Brown |
The monthly NPD game sales report shows the industry had another terrible month overall, but one Warner Bros. Interactive and NetherRealm Studios are likely pretty proud of.
There was a $175.1 million in non-PC software sales during the month of May, led by the DC Comics-based fighting game, Injustice: Gods Among Us. 2012's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 maintained its spot in the top five, with Donkey Kong Country Returns, Dead Island: Riptide, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon rounding out the month's top sellers.
Software sales were down 31 percent from where they were just one year ago, which is not particularly good. 2012 was already a down year, so to have performed so far below last May's numbers doesn't bode well for the rest of 2013. New consoles should help the industry recover a bit, but it's going to be some time until hardware and software industry is back in the black.
You can check out a full rundown of May's top ten sellers below.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (X360, PS3, Wii U) - Warner Bros.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360, PS3, PC, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
- Donkey Kong: Country Returns (3DS, Wii) - Nintendo
- Dead Island: Riptide (X360, PS3, PC) - Deep Silver
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - Nintendo
- Metro: Last Light (X360, PS3, PC) - Deep Silver
- NBA 2K13 (X360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
- BioShock Infinite (X360, PS3, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
- Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) - Electronic Arts
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (X360, Wii, DS, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS Vita, PC) - Warner Bros.