Injustice: Gods Among Us May’s Top Selling Game
The monthly NPD game sales report shows the industry had another terrible month overall, but one Warner Bros. Interactive and NetherRealm Studios are likely pretty proud of.
There was a $175.1 million in non-PC software sales during the month of May, led by the DC Comics-based fighting game, Injustice: Gods Among Us. 2012's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 maintained its spot in the top five, with Donkey Kong Country Returns, Dead Island: Riptide, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon rounding out the month's top sellers.
Software sales were down 31 percent from where they were just one year ago, which is not particularly good. 2012 was already a down year, so to have performed so far below last May's numbers doesn't bode well for the rest of 2013. New consoles should help the industry recover a bit, but it's going to be some time until hardware and software industry is back in the black.
You can check out a full rundown of May's top ten sellers below.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (X360, PS3, Wii U) - Warner Bros.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360, PS3, PC, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
- Donkey Kong: Country Returns (3DS, Wii) - Nintendo
- Dead Island: Riptide (X360, PS3, PC) - Deep Silver
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - Nintendo
- Metro: Last Light (X360, PS3, PC) - Deep Silver
- NBA 2K13 (X360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
- BioShock Infinite (X360, PS3, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
- Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) - Electronic Arts
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (X360, Wii, DS, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS Vita, PC) - Warner Bros.