More Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Details Revealed
Even more details about Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer mode have been revealed, giving us an even broader look at what we can expect when facing off against each other online.
A list of details was posted to the official Killzone site, detailing some aspects of the multiplayer that fans may not have learned. They are as follows:
- Player mechanics from the single-player campaign will make it into the multiplayer mode. These mechanics include the snap-to cover system, sliding and drop-down melee kills.
- The multiplayer mode will offer 22 weapons that will be available from the start. This will allow players to pick up their favorite weapons and begin mastering them at the outset.
- There will also be 19 different weapon attachments that will become unlocked by completing challenges. These attachments include anything from enhanced scopes to secondary fire options.
- The multiplayer mode will feature three classes and a total of 12 unique special abilities. Each class can be outfitted with up to 2 special abilities, giving players the option to truly customize their character according to their playstyle.
- Warzones were detailed before, offering a level of customization in the multiplayer suite that can be shared with other players online.
- Combat Honors will be introduced in Shadow Fall. According to the site, these are bonuses that can be activated by earning points during a match. Honors include buffs like speed boosts.
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Shadow Fall will enjoy a stream of paid downloadable content post-launch. But, in a move that should be appreciated by all fans, all of the DLC multiplayer maps will be available free of charge.