Mutant League Football Video: Kickstarting a League of Their Own
Michael Mendheim, creator of classic sports parody games such as Mutant League Football and Mutant League Hockey, has taken to Kickstarter in order to get fans to help create a spiritual successor to the series called Mutant Football League.
You might remember the old football game, cartoon and comic books based on Mutant League Football in the early 90′s. If so, you might also be excited to learn that a Kickstarter campaign has been started to help get a new iteration of the series onto mobile devices and Xbox Live Arcade.
As of this writing, Michael Mendheim’s project has raised $1,722 out of its $750,000 goal. With 29 days to go, it’s anyone’s guess if this project will make be successfully funded, but nostalgia is a powerful tool and can push fans to want to recreate past experiences. Mutant Football League might be just the thing to sate long-time fans’ sports-fueled bloodlust.
Mendheim has assembled a team of pros to help him develop the game. This group includes the following personnel:
- Dave Devries, Visual Art Direction – Worked on “The Monster Engine.”
- Robomodo, Game Art Direction & Production – Independent game studio based in Chicago. Worked on Fight Night: Round 3, Mortal Kombat 3 and NBA: Street series.
- Dave Elliott, Worlds, Characters and Comics – Comic book industry vet with 25 years of experience.
- Jay Lender, Story, Comedy & Characters – Worked on SpongeBob SquarePants and Disney’s Phineas & Ferb.
- Micah Wright, Story, Gags & Characters – Worked on Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: Zombies, Looney Tunes: Back in Action and The Angry Beavers.