‘Parks and Recreation’ Films Two Season Finales, Plus ‘Glee’ Guest Stars?
It's that wonderful time of year, when PaleyFest brings forth all manner of wonderful spoilers, tidbits and scoops on our favorite TV shows, and perhaps none-more-so than NBC jewel 'Parks and Recreation.'
With Leslie Knope's campaign for Pawnee city council against the dreamy Bobby Newport (Paul Rudd) heating up, the cast and crew were on hand in California yesterday to deliver a few gems about the upcoming episodes, and ultimately, the climactic season finale! Here's what we were able to learn:
- Don't worry about any dangling threads, as executive producer Mike Schur promises that the election will be wrapped up by the finale. Whether or not Leslie wins will remain a secret however, as two endings have been shot to ensure secrecy! Says Amy Poehler of the bait-and-switch, "It was really touching and moving to do both the acceptance and the concession speeches." Hmm...
- 'Friday Night Lights' star Brad Leland will appear in episode 20 as one of Leslie's three opponents at the city council debate, an animal rights advocate AND gun lover.
- 'Glee' star Mike O'Malley (Burt!) will also guest in the second to last episode, playing a corrupt van rental business owner who sabotages Leslie's attempt to bring in the senior vote by parking his fleet of vans in the best spots. Somewhere, Burt Hummell shakes his head in disgrace.
- Sadly, the current season won't feature any of Ron Swanson's precious Tammys, though they will return at some point.
- Ben Schwartz did manage to find time in his 'House of Lies' schedule to film a scene as everyone's favorite D-bag Jean Ralphio, though they're not sure if the scene will wind up included.
- The last two episodes of the season will feature Chris Traeger (Rob Lowe) "hitting rock bottom." Where there is happiness, one must simply destroy it!
- Could season five see the introduction of Chris Pratt (Andy)'s real-life wife Anna Faris as a Pawnee character? If indeed NBC goes through with a fifth season, it's likely!
You can read more over at TVLine's report, but who's ready for the final episodes of 'Parks and Recreation' season 4? Give us your hopes for the upcoming episode, or simply vote Knope in the comments section below!