Saints Row 4 Trailer: Animal Protection Act and New Details
The ridiculous crime spree known as Saints Row 4 will be coming our way very soon. But we don’t have to twiddle our fingers while we wait for its debut, since another trailer and all-new details have just been released for the game.
The trailer, shown above, is brief and shows a dude in a cat-like mascot costume dropping out of the sky. After it touches down, it kinda just scares people and sends a guy in a hot dog suit running away in fear. This trailer is par for the course of the series’ infamous zaniness.
In other Saints Row 4 news, a panel was held at San Diego Comic-Con during which Deep Silver Volition’s studio head Steve Jaros and voice actors Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, J.B. Blanc and Yuri Lowenthal took questions.
According to Game Informer, we can expect the following in Saints Row 4:
- Players will run into members of Saints Row II’s Ronin gang in the new game.
- Jaros says that two separate teams came up with the idea for the game’s dubstep gun independently. He blames the presence of beer in the office.
- Jaros also says that players will learn how Johnny Gat is being brought back from the dead. He says that while silly things often get waved away in the Saints Row universe, they didn’t want to do that with Gat. In other words, there will be a satisfying explanation behind his return.
- Baker busted out his Booker DeWitt voice in an imaginary conversation between his BioShock Infinite and his Saints Row characters. “I came looking for the girl,” he intoned as DeWitt. “Bring us the girl and we’ll wipe away the debt.” “F— THAT!” he shouted back.
- The alien Zinyak reads the entire first chapter of Pride and Prejudice over the in-game radio in the first part of the game.
- The original ending included a choreographed Bollywood-inspired dance number. It was scrapped, but players can expect to see a bit of that flavor. “Saints Row is all about the arts,” Jaros joked.
- The first DLC called Enter the Dominatrix is coming 45 days after the game ships. It features a behind-the-scenes style narration as the characters explain why the content was cut from the game.
- Jaros talked about the time during THQ’s bankruptcy. He says the difference between Deep Silver and other groups that were investigating a purchase was night and day. They walked in and out of their offices and essentially said OK. It turns out, they were fans of what Volition was doing. One unnamed publisher seemed hesitant about Saints Row IV’s superpowers, while it was a plus to Deep Silver. Jaros says Deep Silver has been hands off on the creative side, which has been amazing.
- There won’t be a pro-wrestling gang in Saints Row IV, and the zombie voice won’t be returning. A joke is funny once, Jaros says. Wrestler Chris Daniels will be hosting one of the game’s radio stations, however.