It's the kind of thing that sounds like an April Fool's Day prank, but for 'Star Wars' fans it will be an exploration of one of the greatest "What if?" scenarios of all time. Dark Horse Comics has announced that it is adapting George Lucas' original 'Star Wars' treatment into a comic miniseries. Sure, 'Star Wars' comics are nothing new, but Lucas' original ideas were so radically and wildly different than the finished films that this should prove fascinating and utterly unique.
These days, it's no secret that 'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace' is a fairly terrible movie, but back in 1999, the reaction was a little more mixed. These days, we know Eli Roth as the director of 'Hostel' and 'Cabin Fever,' but back in 1999 he was a writer trying to break into the industry. So what do you get when a young Mr. Roth anonymously (at the time) takes on one of the most disappointing movies ever? One of the most scathing movie reviews you'll ever read.
As you most likely already know, reports of Harrison Ford's involvement in the upcoming J.J. Abrams-directed 'Star Wars: Episode 7' came out a while back followed by a statement from George Lucas saying that him, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill were all in negotiations. Plus even Ford himself said he "thinks" it's a sure thing -- but that's apparently all he has to say on the matter and he won't discuss it further. Seriously.
It seems impossible that 'Star Wars Episode 7' is still two years (at least) away. It feels like we've been talking about it forever! Then again, if we feel exhausted by it, imagine how director JJ Abrams must feel...and he hasn't even begun shooting yet. Although he's not allowed to say anything solid yet (and he's JJ freakin' Abrams, so he wouldn't say anything even if he could), the 'Star Trek Into Darkness' director recently discussed the project, talking about what it means to be attached to what's undoubtedly going to be one of the biggest movies of all time.
'Star Wars Episode 7' has incited all kinds of reactions across Hollywood. For every actor or filmmaker who expresses excitement in the project, you'll find another who won't touch it with a ten foot pole. However, just because someone wants to be in the new 'Star Wars' doesn't necessarily mean that they'll mesh with that universe. So, how do we react when Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson says that he'd love to journey to that long ago, far away galaxy?
Last month, we brought you the news that 'Star Wars: Episode 7' would see the return of Harrison Ford as Han Solo. This news was later confirmed by George Lucas who said Ford and the original 'Star Wars' cast were all signed on to return for 'Star Wars: Episode 7.' And now we have, for the first time, Harrison Ford talking publicly about making his big return as Han Solo.
At last year's Comic-Con, Marvel held the last panel on Saturday night and they did it in grand fashion. Edgar Wright came on stage and showed the very first footage from 'Ant-Man.' The 'Guardians of the Galaxy' lineup was revealed. And Robert Downey, Jr. came dancing down the aisles of Hall H to introduce 'Iron Man 3.' But all that pomp and circumstance could be missing from Comic-Con 2013 as Marvel and 'Star Wars' could sit this year out. Say it ain't so!
'Star Wars: Episode 7' has attracted the attention of many actors, from the original cast (who have signed on to return) to even those, like Olivia Munn, who are practically begging for a role. But there's one guy who bold enough to admit he wants no part of the new 'Star Wars' trilogy: Jason Statham.