'The Office': See Seth Rogen, John Cho and More Early Auditions for the Series!Kevin Fitzpatrick |
NBC's 'The Office' may have closed its doors for good (at least in America), but that hasn't stopped us from envisioning what the beloved NBC comedy might have been like on a different path. Among some of the early auditions from the series we've heard about, new footage of such comedy icons as Seth Rogen, Kathryn Hahn and even 'Breaking Bad' star Bob Odenkirk trying out for the show have emerged, painting a very different portrait of Dunder-Mifflin life.
Via Entertainment Weekly, the lost audition tapes arrive with the September 3 release of 'The Office' final season Blu-ray, amid a host of other features. As far as the audition tapes themselves, famous faces auditioning for the series include Apatow regular Seth Rogen for Dwight Schrute, Bob Odenkirk for Michael Scott (later incorporated into the final season as a Michael Scott analogue), 'Star Trek' star John Cho and 'Parks and Recreation' lead Adam Scott both reading for Jim, Kathryn Hahn for Pam, and even 'Modern Family' star Eric Stonestreet for lovable dolt Kevin.
All told, 'The Office' season 9 home releases include:
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
- 2003 Casting – Never before seen audition tapes featuring the cast of the show, plus a few surprise auditions from future comedy stars including Seth Rogen, Eric Stonestreet, Jon Cho and more!
- Deleted Scenes – Over of 2 hours of Deleted Scenes
- The Office: A Look Back – Retrospective with the cast and their memories of the show
- Finale Table Read – Hilarious cast read-through for “The Office” series finale
- Blooper Reel
- Autotune Andy – Autotune Music Video
- The Office: Behind-the-Scenes Panel Discussion
You'll have to click the video below to check out 'The Office''s lost audition tapes, but what do you think? Would Adam Scott or John Cho have made a better Jim than John Krasinski? How might Dwight have been different if portrayed by a more laid back Seth Rogen? Check out the video below, and give us your thoughts in the comments!