The Wrap Up: Marvel Defends Peyton Reed as the ‘Ant-Man’ Director
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, Marvel explains why director Peyton Reed is the best guy to helm 'Ant-Man,' Disney's 'Jungle Book' movie finds its Mowgli, and read a description of the first 'Avengers 2' footage.
FEATURED: Said Marvel honcho Kevin Feige on why 'Ant-Man' is in good hands:
He’s come in to meet on a lot of our movies over the years, in particular 'Guardians [of the Galaxy].' He had a lot of awesome things to say on Guardians. But James [Gunn] had a slightly more solid take that was of interest to us. But Peyton was always on our lists, and so when this happened and Edgar [Wright] said ‘Not for me’ we met with a handful of people, but Peyton was always one that I thought would be great.
Read his full statements over at IGN.
- The writer who coined "manic pixie dream girl" reflects on the word's evolution [Salon]
- 10 things that were changed from the script for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2.' [Badass Digest]
- Newcomer Neel Sethi has been cast as Mowgli in 'The Jungle Book.' [Variety]
- Chloe Moretz will lead the English voice cast of Studio Ghibli's 'The Tale of Princess Kaguya.' [Deadline]
- Read a description of the first 'Avengers 2' footage. [Radio Times]
- Spike TV and Pierce Brosnan are teaming up for 'The Crusaders.' [Coming Soon]
- Meet the new recruits in this new 'The Expendables 3' TV spot.
- Get a new look at Dwayne Johnson's 'Hercules' in this new TV spot.
- New images from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' have made their way online. See more at ComicBook.com.