The Wrap Up: ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Producer Reveals New Details
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, more details are revealed about Ben Affleck's Batman, a 'Freaks and Geek's reunion is teased, and 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' gets another poster.
FEATURED: The producer of 'Batman vs. Superman' explains the film's new take on The Dark Knight:
He was the first guy we went to. That's who we wanted. We knew that we wanted a very mature Batman, because we wanted to juxtapose him with this very young Superman. So we wanted a guy who was tougher, rugged, who had signs of life, who had lived a hard life, and we wanted the guy to have chops, for sure. So when we went down that list, there just weren't a tremendous number of guys who could carry that.
Read more quotes, including how Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin were also approached for the part, over at The Hollywood Reporter.
- Bill Murray vs. Bill Murray, the meme. [Grantland]
- An interview with the people bringing 'Agent Carter' back to comics. [Comics Alliance]
- The writer of 'Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 2' teases a voodoo storyline. [Crave Online]
- Could a 'Freaks and Geeks' reunion be in the near future? [Vulture]
- The horror comic 'Wytches' is getting a movie adaptation. [Deadline]
- John Cho promises that 'Star Trek 3' will blow fans away. [Reddit]
- 'The Mortal Instruments' will return as a TV series. [THR]
- Lee Pace is the latest actor to get his own 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' poster.
- Nicolas Cage's hair looks surprisingly norman in the 'Dying of the Light' poster.