The Wrap Up: Charlie Cox Talks About Marvel’s “Much Darker” ‘Daredevil’ Series
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, the new 'Daredevil' talks about the Netflix show, Sean Bean joins Matt Damon in 'The Martian,' and the 'Dead Rising' movie casts a surprising actor.
FEATURED: 'Daredevil' star Charlie Cox talks about portraying Matt Murdock's "addiction" to crime fighting:
"I've read comics after comics after comics — I've never read so many comics in my life, and we're finding moments from the comics to reference in the show. We're trying to make a show that's new and much, much darker than anything I've ever seen Marvel do before. The concept that he can't stop. He's going out and he's taking the law into his own hands, and he doesn't know if he can stop. He might be addicted to it."
The Hollywood Reporter has more.
- 'Watchmen' artist Dave Gibbons is England's first comics laureate. [Comics Alliance]
- Max Landis wrote a 436-page 'Super Mario Bros.' screenplay when he was 19 and it's as annoying and insane as you'd imagine. [SlashFilm]
- Natalie Dormer is heading into David Goyer's 'The Forest.' [Deadline]
- The director of 'Hot Tub Time Machine' will helm 'Cop Swap.' [Deadline]
- Neil Gaiman explains what's up with the 'Sandman' movie. [Tumblr]
- Sean Bean has joined Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian.' [THR]
- Shane Black has cast the villains for his new movie 'Nice Guys.' [THR]
- Rob Riggle of all people has joined the cast of 'Dead Rising: Watchtower.' [Coming Soon]
- And speaking of 'Dead Rising: Watchtower,' here's out first look at the film's main cast.