The Wrap Up: A ‘Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs’ Prequel is Coming to TV
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatball' comes to the small screen, read a passionate take on the new 'Twin Peaks,' and take a first look at Will Smith in 'Focus.'
FEATURED: 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' is getting its own TV series prequel.
'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: The Series' takes place before giant food came raining down on Swallow Falls. Flint Lockwood is a high school tween with big dreams. Swallow Falls is a blue-collar town where sardines are driving a booming economy. But Flint suffers from NFD: Non Fish-related Dreams. He wants to be a serious scientist and maybe one day not have his inventions blow up in his face. Along for the ride is Sam Sparks, who's the new girl in town and the school's newest wannabe ace reporter. These two outsiders come together for laughs and comedic adventures with all the great characters from the film: Flint's Dad Tim, Steve the Monkey, Manny the head of the school's audiovisual, school gym teacher Earl before he becomes a cop, Brent who still models baby wear, and Mayor Shelbourne, who wins every election on the pro-sardine platform.
Read more at Deadline.
- This may be the best thing written about the 'Twin Peaks' revival. [Grantland]
- Here's a virtual reality Batcave that you can live in forever. [Comics Alliance]
- How Freddy Krueger went from being scary to being a joke. [The Dissolve]
- The next book from the author of 'Silver Linings Playbook' is getting a movie adaptation. [THR]
- Are the original 'Star Wars' movies getting a digital re-release? [Deadline]
- A horror anthology from all female filmmakers is on the way! [Coming Soon]
- 'In the Heat of the Night' is getting revived over at Showtime. [AV Club]
- Make sure you don't watch this red band trailer for 'Stretch' at work.
- Legolas is the latest character to get his own 'Hobbit' poster.
- Here's our first look at Will Smith and 'Wolf of Wall Street' star Margot Robbie in the rom-com 'Focus.'