The Wrap Up: ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Showcases Some Astonishing Motion Capture
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, watch Andy Serkis' motion capture acting in 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,' listen to Hugh Jackman flip-flop on playing Wolverine again, and check out the first trailer for 'Magic in the Moonlight.'
FEATURED: The visual effects for 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' is just plain astonishing.
- A particularly powerful obituary for Gordon Willis. [IndieWire]
- Richard Linklater explains why he let the subject of 'Bernie' live with him. [RogerEbert.com]
- Why 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' is the best prequel ever made. [AICN]
- The long-gestating adaptation of 'It' moved from Warner Bros. to New Line. [THR]
- Sharlto Copley talks about playing a robot in 'Chappie.' [ComingSoon]
- The other LEGO movie, 'LEGO Ninjago,' coming for September 23, 2016. [CinemaBlend]
- Kevin Smith keeps on reminding us that he saw the Batman costume first. [Comic Book]
- Now Hugh Jackman is saying that he wants to keep playing Wolverine. [IGN]
- Here's our first look at Zooey Deschanel and Anton Yelchin in 'The Driftless Area.'
- A cool look at the making of the 'Godzilla' halo jump scene.
- The Roger Ebert documentary 'Life Itself' now has a trailer. [iTunes]
- You may find yourself endlessly reliving this 'Edge of Tomorrow' TV spot.