The Wrap Up: How the ‘Deadpool’ Movie Will Fit Into the ‘X-Men’ Movie Universe
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, details about the new 'Deadpool' movie are revealed, a new 'Hobbit 3' poster drops, and Marvel's 'Ant-Man' adds another cast member.
FEATURED: 'X-Men' franchise producer and writer Simon Kinberg told Comic Book Resources that the new 'Deadpool' movie will be a part of the larger series:
There’s definitely a sort of overall plan that we’ve all been talking about for the X-Men universe now and Deadpool obviously fits into that. So yeah, I guess I would say it’s part of certainly an overall timeline and thought process that goes into these films, some of which is inspired by the comics and some which is inspired by seeing what Marvel’s done with telling a larger tapestry and linking all those movies together, even as they stand independently as well. The same kind of thought is going to go into these X-Men movies at Fox.
- An artist has "fixed" those awful, sexist T-shirts that DC comics released last week. [Comics Alliance]
- Someone animated a creepy song that was cut from 'The Lion King.' [io9]
- All 10 'Halloween' movies have been broken down with infographics. [The Dissolve]
- Marvel's 'Ant-Man' casts 'Weeds' actor Martin Donovan in a mysterious but "pivotal" role. [THR]
- It looks like 'Star Trek 3' will follow in the footsteps of 'Avengers 2' and shoot in South Korea. [TrekMovie]
- The creator of 'Child's Play' wants to see Chucky team up with 'Annabelle.' [USA Today]
- The first teaser for 'Penny Dreadful' season 2 is here.
- Yep, Alien Isolation still looks completely terrifying.
- The 'Showrunners' trailer gives you a look at the men and women who run your favorite TV shows.
- 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' gets in your face with this new poster.
- Vin Diesel released more pics from 'The Last Witch Hunter.'