The Wrap Up: ‘Independence Day 2′ and ‘World War Z 2′ Nab New Writers
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, two big genre sequels hire new writers, Adam Sandler’s comedic empire collapses, and Nicolas Cage’s hair takes on a new form.
FEATURED: Screenwriters Carter Blanchard and Steve Knight have jumped on board the long-awaited ‘Independence Day 2′ and the not-so-long-awaited ‘World War Z 2′ for rewrites.
- How to get into X-Men comics in 10 easy steps. [Comics Alliance]
- Has ‘Blended’ effectively ended Adam Sandler’s empire? [Grantland]
- Sitcoms are being strangled by a lack of conflict. [AV Club]
- Because everyone was demanding a ‘Avatar’ Cirque du Soleil show… [Coming Soon]
- No, James Gunn is not directing ‘Ant-Man.’ [/Film]
- ‘The Wolverine’ director James Mangold is attached to a Joe Namath biopic. [THR]
- Speaking of sports biopics, Anthony Mackie is set to play Jesse Owens. [Deadline]
- ‘Olympus Has Fallen’ director Antoine Fuqua will next helm ‘Narco-Sub.’ [Deadline]
- The long-delayed ‘Snowpiercer’ unveiled a new US trailer.
- Best part of the ‘What If’ trailer: “I just had sex, am about to eat nachos! It’s the greatest moment of my life!”
- Nicolas Cage’s astonishing hair is the real star of this ‘Left Behind’ poster.
- Check out the new poster for ‘Wish I Was Here.’