The Wrap Up: Jason Momoa Actually Gets to Talk About Playing Aquaman Now
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, Jason Momoa can finally talk about playing Aquaman, Robert Downey Jr. teases his role in 'Captain America 3,' and that 'Dredd' webseries reveals a first look.
FEATURED: Jason Momoa finally opens up about playing Aquaman.
"I've rode some dolphins before, so I can pull on that. I did go to school for Marine Biology, but the cool thing is... the greatest thing for me is that Polynesians, our gods, Kahoali, Maui, all these water gods, so it's really cool and a honor to be playing a [water] character. And there's not too many brown superheroes, so I'm really looking forward to representing the Polynesians, the natives... My family are some of the greatest water men on earth. I'm not, but I'm going to go train with them. But it's really an honor just being a Polynesian. And water is the most important thing in this world and we all know it. It's cool be a part of DC's universe. I'm really excited to be with Warner Bros., and hopefully everyone likes it. And Zack Snyder's a genius, so I'm really excited to be hanging out with him."
Read the whole interview at ComicBook.com.
- The history of Wolverine, explained. [Comics Alliance]
- How an actress from 'The Walking Dead' became a real-life hero. [Elite Daily]
- Robert Downey Jr. teases his role in 'Captain America 3.' [Yahoo]
- 'The Hunger Games' will continue online thanks to a new YouTube webseries. [Coming Soon]
- Yep, they're making a 'My Little Pony' movie. [Variety]
- The script for 'Halloween 3' is currently being written. [IGN]
- Eddie Murphy is making a return to dramatic acting with 'Cook.' [SlashFilm]
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' has unveiled a new banner.
- Here's our first look at the animated 'Dredd' spin-off 'Superfiend.'