The Wrap Up: ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Fight Choreographer Explains How the Dark Knight Can Take Down the Man of Steel
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, get a little taste of how the new Batman will fight, watch Sean Penn try to do the Liam Neeson action hero thing, and see what Steven Spielberg’s ‘American Sniper’ would have looked like.
FEATURED: The fight choreographer for ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ promises a Batman unlike any you’ve seen before (and trash talks Christopher Nolan’s films).
“Now Batman is going to fight the way I’ve always dreamed seeing him fight. He’s a character so prepared in martial arts that you can do a lot of things with him, but filmmakers usually don’t go all the way with it. Even in the last Nolan movies the action scenes aren’t very good from a technical, martial arts point of view to things like choreography, filming, bad camera movements…”
Batman News has more.
- Here’s how Steven Spielberg’s ‘American Sniper’ would have looked. [SlashFilm]
- Spike Lee is as upset about the ‘Selma’ Oscar snubs as you’d expect. [The Daily Beast]
- Why the Oscar-nominated ‘Leviathan’ is proving very controversial in Russia. [The Guardian]
- Judy Greer talks about the “comedic” tone of ‘Ant-Man.’ [IGN]
- The ‘Deadpool’ movie will begin filming in Vancouver this year. [ComingSoon]
- Sean Penn pretty much stars in a remake of ‘Taken’ in the trailer for ‘The Gunman.’