Pretty much everyone watched the first trailer for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’—everyone, that is, except for original ‘Star Wars’ director George Lucas, who previously revealed that he had not watched the trailer and didn’t seem very interested in seeing it anytime soon. Well that’s apparently changed. Lucas finally watched the trailer for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming installment in the franchise, and he shared his thoughts.

At a screening event for his new animated film ‘Strange Magic,’ Page Six (via THR) had a chance to ask Lucas if he had finally taken the time to see the trailer for ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens,’ and he revealed that he had. Previously, Lucas said that he hadn’t watched it in part because it wasn’t playing in a movie theater (it was, but okay). When asked by Page Six why he waited so long to watch the trailer, Lucas said, “because I don’t watch movies online,” and apparently that means he doesn’t watch trailers on his computer, either.

When asked if he enjoyed the trailer for ‘The Force Awakens,’ Lucas replied, “Yeah, it was intriguing.” Intriguing! That seems a little passive-aggressive, but Lucas has maintained that he’s “retired,” and seems to be distancing himself from his wildly popular franchise.

‘Strange Magic’ hits theaters later this week. ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ hits theaters on December 18, and we’ll have a new trailer with the release of ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ on May 1. Rumor has it, from Latino-Review, that the new trailer will feature the original characters from Lucas’ trilogy: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and even Chewbacca.