If you're itching for some new work from Edgar Wright, here's a little treat to tide you over: a charming and cool music video the director made with Pharrell and Daft Punk for the song "Gust of Wind," featuring some beautiful ladies, lovely fall foliage, and a couple of giant stone Daft Punk helmets ... because this is Edgar Wright, so things do tend to have a geeky element, of course.
It's kind of remarkable that Marvel Studios have already green-lit a sequel to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' -- a movie that, itself, doesn't come out for another few days. But this says less about Marvel's confidence that 'Guardians' will make money (and, let's not kid ourselves, it certainly will), but more about how the Guardians fit in with the larger story Marvel is trying to tell with the episodic nature of its films. And this episodic nature might just be what doomed Edgar Wright's version of 'Ant-Man' -- as opposed to it just being "too weird," which Marvel studio head Kevin Feige has denied.
Comic-Con 2014 marked the first time 'Ant-Man' star Paul Rudd attended the epic geek extravaganza, and he was pretty darn stoked about the whole experience, considering he's also joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Following the big Marvel panel, the actor faced the press to talk about his experience becoming the size-shrinking superhero, when he goes into production, and the one thing his friends will never let him live down.
It seems that there's no shortage of job offers for Edgar Wright. Following his departure from Marvel over creative differences on 'Ant-Man,' the director has already gotten back to work -- first with his long-gestating project 'Baby Driver,' and now he's locked his second job: adapting the Young Adult novel 'Grasshopper Jungle,' which sounds like just the kind of weird and wild stuff we want to see from Wright.
It's been a tough summer for Edgar Wright, but if you think dropping out of 'Ant-Man' after nurturing it for nearly a decade would put one of the greatest modern filmmakers in a rut, you'd be mistaken. Although the details are unknown, it's been...
Director Edgar Wright's farewell to 'Ant-Man' certainly had a large impact on fans and Marvel itself, the decision being made mere weeks before the 2015 film was set to go into production with Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly starring. While the studio is looking to fill the vacant seat with someone from their comedic shortlist, we had the chance to speak with Stan Lee, co-creator of the character, on the shakeup.
When it was announced that Edgar Wright was leaving 'Ant-Man,' Marvel said in its statement that the planned July 17, 2015 release date would not be changed. But, as the reality of the situation sets in and Marvel scrambles to find a suitable replacement, it's becoming apparent that, despite their assertions, Marvel is very much in risk of missing their 2015 date.
Late last week, Marvel announced that Edgar Wright would no longer be directing 'Ant-Man,' a film he had been working on since 2006. The news is still shocking a few days later, and as we attempt to reassess the current status of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, some of the directors currently working in that universe, plus Wright himself, have expressed their opinions on the split.
Lately, it's been nothing but roses for Marvel fans, but today comes the rare bummer, and it's a big one. Edgar Wright, who co-wrote and was set to direct Marvel's next superhero film, 'Ant-Man,' has abruptly left the project.
As ABC plans to premiere a new hourlong special diving deeper into the Marvel Cinematic Universe than ever before, the studio continues bulking up its properties. Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' is the latest to make some major additions to its cast as the studio is currently in negotiations with 'The Conjuring' (and 'The Conjuring 2') star Patrick Wilson, along with the now confirmed talks with Michael Pena.