The Wrap Up: ‘Cinderella’ Trailer Teases Some Very Iconic Footwear
ScreenCrush wraps up the latest in movies and TV you might have missed. Today, check the first teaser for Disney's 'Cinderella,' learn who will star in Ridley Scott's 'Halo' project, and watch Magneto wreak havoc in a new 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' clip.
FEATURED: The first 'Cinderella' teaser trailer is all about that glass shoe.
The official synopsis:
The story of "Cinderella" follows the fortunes of young Ella (Lily James) whose merchant father remarries following the death of her mother. Eager to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and her daughters Anastasia (Holliday Grainger) and Drisella (Sophie McShera) into the family home. But, when Ella's father unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Finally relegated to nothing more than a servant girl covered in ashes, and spitefully renamed Cinderella, Ella could easily begin to lose hope. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother's dying words and to "have courage and be kind." She will not give in to despair nor despise those who mistreat her. And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an apprentice at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears her fortunes may be about to change when the Palace sends out an open invitation for all maidens to attend a ball, raising Ella's hopes of once again encountering the charming Kit (Richard Madden). Alas, her stepmother forbids her to attend and callously rips apart her dress. But, as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand, and a kindly beggar woman (Helena Bonham-Carter) steps forward and -- armed with a pumpkin and a few mice -- changes Cinderella's life forever.
- How a web series about board games broke crowdfunding records. [AV Club]
- Yes, there is a new 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' graphic novel out now. [Comics Alliance]
- Twenty-five emerging filmmakers to watch. [Movie Mezzanine]
- 'The Good Wife' star Mike Colter will lead Ridley Scott's 'Halo' digital feature. [Arcade Sushi]
- Tom Hardy will be a 'True American' for director Kathryn Bigelow. [Variety]
- The 'Point Break' remake will surf into theaters on August 7, 2015. [Screen Rant]
- The director of 'Drive' wants to make a horror movie next. [Deadline]
- Halle Berry will headline 'Kidnap' for director Luis Prieto. [Variety]
- Magneto destroys a stadium in this new 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' clip.
- This 'Godzilla' featurette will probably convince you to see the movie in IMAX.
- Here's out first look at Tom Hanks in 'A Hologram For the King.'