'Breaking Bad' Complete Series Blu-ray Collector's Edition: Awesome Packaging, Alternate Ending and More!Kevin Fitzpatrick |
Nevermind how consistently 'Breaking Bad' has been sending our jaws to the floor with each subsequent episode of the final run, its upcoming complete series Blu-ray release already has us speeding to the store. The full release of AMC's epic masterpiece series will arrive on November 26 with 'Breaking Bad' barrel packaging, an alternate ending for the series finale, multiple documentaries and more!
Sources say of the 'Breaking Bad' 16-disc complete series release that the 55+ hours of special features will include a never-before-seen two-hour documentary spanning the entire production of the final season, a three-minute alternate ending differing from what will ultimately air on AMC, a full gag reel, commentary on every episode, along with the expected deleted and extended scenes.
But that's not all! Adding to the inventive money (or body) barrel packaging, the 'Breaking Bad' complete series release will include a 16-page booklet with a letter penned by series creator Vince Gilligan, a commemorative challenge coin designed by Gilligan and an apron from Gus Fring's infamous "Los Pollos Hermanos" restaurant. All in all, the full outline of special features from various releases follows below:
"Breaking Bad: The Complete Series" Barrel Set Special Features Include:
- No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad - An all-new, exclusive two hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes.
Additional bonus features include all previously released featurettes and retail exclusives:
- Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments.
- Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of the season entitled "Blood Money."
- Scene Envy – The Cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in.
- Shocking Moments - The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most.
- From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg.
- How Will It End? – At the beginning of the season, the cast was asked to give their thoughts on how they thought the show would end.
- Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader -- A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris.
- Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who plays her, Betsy Brandt.
- A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman –A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk.
- Jesse’s Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul.
- Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler’s character evolution through the fourth season.
- Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family, and Walter, Jr.’s unique role.
- The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring’s extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse’s allegiance.
- Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective - Season Four’s most surprising and memorable moments.
- Ted's Wipeout – In Episode 411, “Crawl Space,” Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul’s goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished.
- The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode “Bullet Points.”
- Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the sequence where Walt indulges in some crazy stunt driving in Walt Jr.’s Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were created.
In addition to releasing the complete set on Blu-ray, SPHE will release "Breaking Bad: The Final Season" on both Blu-ray and DVD with UltraViolet™ on Nov. 26. The final season includes the series' final eight episodes and is loaded with special features, including all-new featurettes, cast and crew commentaries, deleted scenes and more. Episodes include: Blood Money, Buried, Confessions, Rabid Dog, To'hajiilee, Ozymandias, Granite State and Felina.
"Breaking Bad: The Final Season" Blu-ray Includes:
- “Blood Money” Table Read – A rare look at the only final season Breaking Bad table read.
"Breaking Bad: The Final Season" Blu-ray & DVD Include:
- Cast and Crew Commentaries on Every Episode
- 4 Featurettes
--The Main Event
--The Final Showdown
--Life of a Show Runner
--Behind-the-Scenes of the Alternate Ending
- Alternate Ending – A 3-minute alternate version of how Breaking Bad could have ended.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Walt’s Confession
- The Layers of a Sound Mix
- Over 15 Episodes of Inside Breaking Bad
- Uncensored and Extended Episodes
Well, what are you waiting for? Pre-order 'Breaking Bad: The Complete Series Blu-ray' right now, and stay tuned for our coverage of the final three hours in the coming weeks!