Comic-Con 2013: ‘Once Upon a Time’ Panel
Almost immediately after ‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland,’ Comic-Con 2013 attendees were treated to the panel proper for ‘Once Upon a Time‘! Series creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis returned to lead a panel comprised of the entire cast, including such new additions as Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) and Baelfire (Michael Raymond-James)! So, what surprises did the ‘Once Upon a Time ‘panel conjure up for us?
Ignoring the elephant in the room, don’t expect a casting announcement on the infamous Peter Pan just yet. That said, we did get the promise of one major addition to the mythology by panel’s end, namely a crudely-shot video of Grumpy having his lunch fork stolen by none other than the mermaid Ariel! Naturally, the video kept the actress’ face obscured as it paid homage to the “dinglehopper” mythology.
Here’s what the cast and crew had to say of ‘Once Upon a Time’ season 3:
- No more episode breaks! The season will air in two runs of 11 episodes, between fall and spring, Adam Horowitz revealed.
- Lana Parilla’s favorite kill as Regina will be featured in the coming season.
- We’ll see plenty of Neverland, from some of the more familiar mythology-based locations, and some unique ides the producers have plotted. Tinkerbell will certainly make her presence known, and have a surprising connection to one of the main characters
- Fans were treated to an extra from the coming August 3 DVD release, namely a “Good Morning, Storybrooke” news show hosted by Paul Scheer and ‘Community’’s Yvette Nicole Brown! Also in appearance were stars David Anders, Meghan Ory, Amy Acker and Emile De Ravin!
- Storybrooke and Neverland will have a surprising connection, while Belle will keep busy as one of the few characters left behind in Storybrooke. Baelfire meanwhile will have reason to have landed where he did, for as much as he wants to return to Emma.
Hopefully we’ll hear more about the casting of Ariel and Peter Pan in the coming weeks, potentially among others, but what say you? Are you looking forward to ‘Once Upon a Time’ season 3 to debut this fall on ABC?