‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Partners With Uber for Post-Apocalpytic Rides
If you happen to be in Seattle for the PAX Prime convention and you’re in need of a lift, you’ll be able to request a ride to Valhalla via Uber through the end of the convention. And no, these aren’t just cars dolled up with decals and made to resemble scenes or characters from Mad Max: Fury Road — these are actual war boy-style cars ready to give you a pretty gnarly lift.
Ride-share app Uber has partnered with the new Mad Max video game to give people a chance to ride around town in a post-apocalyptic-inspired vehicle during PAX Prime in Seattle:
Uber sent out a very appropriate press release to tout the weekend special, noting that your dollars are pretty much useless in the Wasteland:
- Open the Uber app in downtown Seattle and request MAD MAX.
- Demand will be high and availability is limited, but if your timing is right, a Warboy will swoop you up in a car ripped from the world of the Mad Max video game and brought to life on the streets of our fair city!
- Cars vary in size. Your Warboy will let you know how many riders (1, 3, or 4) he can keep safe from marauders.
- Trips must begin and stay within downtown Seattle. The Wasteland is vast and gas is precious—the Warboys must remain near their Stronghold.
- Your dollars are worthless in the Wasteland. Payment shall not be required.
Here’s one of the vehicles that’s been spotted around town:
If you’re in Seattle this weekend and ready to live, die and live again, then open your Uber app and request a lift to Valhalla.