The Last of Us Video: Introducing Interrogation Mode
The latest patch for The Last of Us has gone live. Not only does it fix a lot of issues in the Multiplayer, but it also adds a new game mode called Interrogation.
Interrogation is a four vs. four, two-part objective game mode that tasks each team with trying to locate the other's lockbox and stealing the supplies held within. In order to find the location of this lockbox, players must interrogate members of the opposite team a total of five times. After the fifth interrogation, the lockbox's location will be revealed.
Even if you've revealed the lockbox's location, there's still the matter of getting to it and opening the damn thing. You'll need to be defended pretty well, since any damage you sustain will knock you away from the box and prevent you from opening it. Whichever team opens the other's lockbox first is the winner.
On top of Interrogation, patch 1.03 also introduces a host of multiplayer fixes. Here they are, courtesy of the PlayStation Blog:
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.