'Buckwild's Shain Gandee Cause of Death Confirmed As Carbon Monoxide

EDIT
|
MTV

Yesterday brought the bizarre and tragic news that 21 year-old 'Buckwild' star Shain Gandee had been found dead after 31 hours missing, along with his uncle and a third unidentified male inside an off-road truck. The truck's position within the muddy woods initially made the bodies difficult to retrieve, but the circumstance and autopsy results have conclusively revealed the three died of carbon monoxide poisoning, says the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office.

The death of 21 year-old 'Buckwild' star and West Virginia native Shain Gandee was officially confirmed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, after the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office initially replied that the speculations as such were "not irresponsible." The complete circumstances of the accidental death have not been made clear, but it is known that the sport utility vehicle driven containing Gandee, his uncle and a third male friend became submerged in mud, preventing carbon monoxide from escaping the car's muffler.

Earlier, Gandee's cousin Ashlee Gandee Lewis wrote on Facebook that "I just wanted to let everyone know that the family feels that Shain died peacefully in his sleep without pain or suffering. That it probably was carbon monoxide. They are making arrangement[s] now for his funeral. Nothing is confirmed but they are thinking Saturday."

Production has temporarily halted on 'Buckwild's second season, with a decision to be made on the future of the series in the coming weeks.

Filed Under: Buckwild, MTV, Shain Gandee
Categories: R.I.P., ScreenCrush, TV News
Comments
Leave A Comment