New York Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Herds Out New Footage and Cast!Kevin Fitzpatrick |
‘Walking Dead’ fans, you are in for a treat tonight! Not only will season 4 make its official premiere tomorrow, but the cast and crew dropped by New York Comic-Con to shamble out an entire herd full of scoops. In addition to previewing a scene from tomorrow’s premiere, we got a seriously bad-ass sequence from the season to come, and the inside scoop on Abraham and Eugene! Get your ‘Walking Dead’ season 4 fix right here!
Where to start! Well, apart from a sequence you’ll see tomorrow night of Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese and Bob Stookey entering a storefront, we get a much bigger bombshell on a slow pan to the store’s roof … where countless walkers and a downed helicopter threaten to bring the party down on everyone! But enough of that, let’s get to the big news right away! Josh McDermitt will play the mullet-sporting Eugene, while ‘Southland’ vet Michael Cudlitz showed up in costume as Abraham!
We saw all manner of fan enthusiasm and adorableness, from constant howls at Norman Reedus, to a young girl brought on stage to share the spotlight (and a lap) with Daryl himself! Here were the best moments and scoops from ‘The Walking Dead’ season 4 panel:
- No exact word on the new threat to the survivors this year that trumps both walkers and people alike, but Lauren Cohan cryptically told us to “beware within.” Sounds a bit sickly to us, no?
- Norman Reedus described Daryl as being in “full-blown wolf mode” this season, having grown up since his brother’s death and accepted his sense of self-worth.
- Andrew Lincoln previewed that Carl (Chandler Riggs) will have some serious acting to do in the ninth episode of the season, while another hour from the year had Lincoln unable to speak for ten minutes after reading the script.
- Asked what “death dinners” led to the best party, Norman Reedus joked that he got the drunkest during Jon Bernthal’s goodbye party, before Lauren Cohan jumped in to say that they’ve started having survival dinners to throw off the Georgia dining staff who worry every time the cast gets together.
- Greg Nicotero showed off one of the more impressive walker makeup jobs from the season, that of a corpse on whom moss had grown, fusing his body into the base of a tree.
- Perhaps most excitingly of all, we saw a sequence from later in the season of Daryl, Tyreese, Michonne and Bob in a car hearing a voice on the radio, before the car runs right smack into the path of a MASSIVE HERD! And oh yes, the tires will run red with blood.
Just one more day until ‘The Walking Dead’ season 4 prmiere “30 Days Without An Accident,” so stay tuned for the latest scoop from the season, and tell us what you think of tonight’s shockers in the comments!