NYCC 2014: Marvel’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Panel Brings First ‘Agent Carter’ Footage!
Marvel’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ is already three episodes deep into its second season, but that didn’t temper excitement for the New York Comic-Con 2014 panel one bit. Along with Clark Gregg and a preview of next Tuesday’s “I Will Face My Enemy,” find out what the world-premiere of the first ‘Agent Carter’ footage brought!
Things kicked off with Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb reminding audiences that when NYCC first announced that ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ would be granted its own series, they did so from a much smaller room. As we’ve seen from a number of panels before, Loeb jokingly revealed his own Hydra shirt underneath, prompting Clark Gregg himself to bound onstage and collar his boss. “It’s good to be alive,” he told the crowd.
We won’t spoil everything about next Tuesday’s all-new ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ installment, but we’ll offer a few tantalizing tidbits before diving into the first ‘Agent Carter’ footage.
- May and Coulson head undercover to retrieve a centuries-old painting with mysterious alien writing on the back, donning cocktail attire to infiltrate the auction. For as much as she laughs in real life, you’ll never find Ming-Na as unsettling as when Melinda May lets loose for the first time. The life of the party!
- “They already know we’re here.”
- We won’t say which, but a certain ‘Winter Soldier’ technology makes a reappearance, playing an important plot point throughout the hour.
- May gets to fight someone you never thought you’d see her square off against. Well, make that two you never thought you’d see.
- Poor Fitz just can’t seem to make friends.
- “She HATES coffee.”
- “How am I the only one seeing this rightnow?”
- Worth noting is that the episode was directed by Kevin Tancharoen, younger sibling to Maurissa, who will also direct additional epsiodes this season. Tancharoen was also behind the ‘Mortal Kombat’ webseries on Machinima.
- Onto ‘Agent Carter!’ Gregg brought out the DVD himself, while Loeb noted that they’d only started shooting a week ago, the scene in question having been filmed Monday.
As it begins, Peggy, Dominic Cooper’s Howard Stark and the living Edwin Jarvis arrive to a harbor at night. Stark boards a speedboat, tasking Peggy with tracking down a deadly formula of his that might fall into the wrong hands, and could level a city block. Leaving them behind, Stark also assigns Jarvis to assist Peggy, despite Peggy having accidentally attacked him in an alley earlier. Jarvis notes that he’d only be available before 9:00 P.M., usually going to bed thereafter.
We also saw bits of an impressive fight sequence between Hayley Atwell, and what we’ll presume is either a Zodiac or Hydra agent, likely in Peggy’s apartment. Suffice to say, Peggy makes good use of the window.
We’ll bring you more on ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ and ‘Agent Carter’ as it arrives, and don’t forget ‘Daredevil’ tomorrow, but what say you? Are you looking forward to the next wave of Marvel TV?